2019 Scholarship Application
Each year, for the past 23 years, the Lower Hudson Valley Diamond Foundation (the “Foundation”), has awarded college scholarships to graduating high school students seeking to further their educational pursuits. The Foundation is the not-for-profit/philanthropic entity of the New Rochelle-White Plains Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. This scholarship opportunity will be awarded to the recipient each year, for four successive years, as long as the recipient meets the academic standards set by the Foundation. When selecting awardees, the Foundation will take into consideration academic performance, involvement in the school community, involvement in the community at large, and financial need.
The following outlines the procedures the applicant must follow to enter the competition for the scholarships:
1. Complete the application form (INCLUDING THE REQUESTED PHOTOGRAPH)
2. Submit a personal letter addressed to the Foundation giving any additional information that will help us evaluate your qualifications. This letter should include information on leadership ability, vocational plans, ambitions, interests, hobbies, family, etc.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers that can speak to your character and academic success.
4. Submit your high school transcript.
5. Submit an essay with a minimum of 400 words on the following topic: Immigration and the Border Wall
P L E A S E C O M P L E T E T H E A P P L I C A T I O N E L E C T R O N I C A L L Y A N D S A V E , T H E N P R I N T A N D F O R W A R D Y O U R C O M P L E T E P A C K E T T O :
Lower Hudson Valley Diamond Foundation
c/o Andre G. Early
PO Box 1193
White Plains, NY 10602
YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2019.
ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY THE FOUNDATION WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE. THEREFORE, IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AS REQUESTED IN THE APPLICATION.
The Foundation will review all applications and select a group of semifinalists to be interviewed. Each semifinalist will be notified of the date, place and time for their interview.
Awardees will be selected by April 27, 2019. Awardees must attend the Foundation’s Scholarship Breakfast that will be scheduled for Saturday, May 18, 2019.