Since its inception, the chapter has been dedicated to serving the Westchester-Rockland County communities through the theme of "Training for Leadership." Today, the chapter's focus remains one of assuming education, community, and social action initiatives in the communities where Brothers work and live. As a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on donations and other fundraising efforts to enable our activities. Among its earlier credits, New Rochelle-White Plains Alumni has:
- Established the Fordham University Chapter, Iota Rho of Kappa Alpha Psi,
- Served as Big Brothers to Wiltwyck,
- Provided over $200,000 in scholarship opportunities to college bound students with need,
- Served on the Pan-Hellenic council of Westchester-Rockland Counties
- Aided in voter registration drives
- Initiated a Kappa Youth Development League serving Westchester and Rockland County young men of color
- The chapter maintains its own 501 tax-exempt certificate to aid in our scholarship fundraising activity
(Button to lead to GIVE Page)
The Lower Hudson Valley Diamond Foundation remains dedicated to its communal responsibilities by awarding college scholarships to four minority high school students each year. The Foundation is the not-for-profit arm of the New Rochelle-White Plains Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. This scholarship opportunity will be given to the students each year, for four successive years, as long as the student meets the academic standards set by the Foundation. When selecting awardees, the Foundation will take into consideration academic performance, involvement in the school community, involvement in the community at large, and financial need.
Please feel free to download our application. Whether you’re eager to fill out our application today or a bit further down the road, follow the steps and procedures to guide you in the right direction.
(Download the form to submit the application)